Thursday, August 30, 2007

Zorn-opolis or Been Caught Stealing

A little while ago, I had a gig writing for a satirical news monthly published in Nelson, BC called The Other View. My column was tech/geek in flavour and I adopted the pen name "Tristan Zorn" which was my attempt at concocting a heroic, pseudo-spacy name fit for a starship commander in the United Federation of Planets. In other words: I made it up. I later discovered that Tristan Zorn was the name of a real person in Jakarta, Indonesia, and a musician, among other things, who played with such hardcore bands as Forgive, August Star and Saw Loser.

I mention all this now because it seems that Tristan is upset with my "stealing" his name and not even having the decency to do something cool with it. I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize to Mr. Zorn and reassure him that I will not be using his name in the future. Here's hoping that he will continue to do cool things with it, or at least cooler things than I was.

In related news, I may post some of my best articles from The Other View on here, with the names changed to protect the coolness.

2 comments:

Kompor Panci said...

thanks for the apology. i never realised my name was fit for a starship commander in the united federation of planets or that there was in fact a united federation of planets. are they all flat or is that earth? do any other planets have an ice wall with soldiers disguised as penguins?

ElastiZombie said...

You're welcome. Of course, the United Federation of Planets is a Star Trek thing so it is completely fictitious, much like the idea of round planets. But it is a nice idea. The soldier penguins I am not sure about, but I would like to think that there may be a United Federation of Soldier Penguins that is looking out for us all.